This love & romance 2 vocabulary lesson will help you use the words fancy someone, love at first sight, chat someone up, ask someone out, go out with, man or woman of your dreams, head over heels in love and engaged, correctly.
fancy someone phrase to suddenly start to like someone, especially sexually
- I really fancy you. Room 101 if you feel the same.
love at first sight phrase when you fall in love with someone the first time you see them
- Do you believe in love at first sight?
chat someone up phrasal verb to talk to someone in a way that shows you like them sexually
- Are you trying to chat me up?
ask someone out phrasal verb to invite someone for a romantic meeting
- I would like to ask you out to dinner on Friday.
go out with phrasal verb to have a romantic meeting with someone and spend a lot of time with them
- Champagne, mmm – I am glad that I agreed to go out with you!
man or woman of your dreams phrase used to talk about someone you think is perfect
- Who wants to be the man of my dreams?
head over heels in love phrase when you love someone very much
- Can’t you see that I am head over heels in love with you?
engaged adjective formally agreed to marry
- We were engaged to be married. Now it is all over!
Now watch the video lesson and then do the love & romance 2 vocabulary exercise