This lesson will help you define lip, kiss, cheek, peck, passionate, affection, smooch, smacker and pout.
(a) lip noun one of the two soft, red parts of the mouth
- Their lips were about to meet for the first time.
kiss verb to touch someone with your lips as a sign of love or greeting
- They kissed for the first time – wow!
(a) cheek noun the soft part of your face below your eyes
- She put her hands on his cheeks and then kissed him.
(a) peck noun a quick light kiss on your cheek
- She gave him a quick peck on the check then flew away.
passionate adjective showing very strong feelings or emotions
- The way he held and kissed her showed that he was a very passionate man.
affectionate adjective showing that you like or love someone or something
- He gave him an affectionate kiss.
smooch verb to kiss, hold, and touch someone in a sexual way
- Five minutes after they met they were smooching.
(a) smacker noun a loud kiss
- The smacker he gave her was heard by everyone in the bar.
pout verb to push out your lips to look more sexually attractive
- Her pouting was not noticed so she gave up.
Now watch the video lesson.