To use both with nouns follow these examples:
- both + plural noun
- both apples
- both people
- I have eaten both apples.
- I took both people to the airport.
both of + these/those/the/possessive + plural noun
- both of these computers
- both of the books
- both of his pens
- Both of these computers should be updated.
- I have read both of the books.
- Both of the teacher’s pens were red.
both + singular noun/uncountable noun
- both the book and the pen
(countable nouns/book, pen)
- both fire and water
(uncountable nouns/fire, water)
- I put both my book and my pen in the bag.
- Both fire and water are natural elements.