Used to talks about past habits and states which don’t exist now.
- When he was a boy, my father used to work after school.
(not a boy now)
- I didn’t use to like chicken.
(I like children now)
Get used to talks about things that are no longer new or strange to us because we have done or seen them many times.
- After a while you get used to the noise.
- She will become used to the smell.
- I was used to the website.
You can also say that someone is used to doing something. This has the same meaning as get used to.
- I am used to getting up at 6am.
- I will never get used to driving on the left-hand side of the road.