An indirect question is a question inside a statement, an order, or another question. They don’t always need a question mark.
- Direct question: Do men and women really like each other?
- Indirect question: Sometimes I wonder if men and women really like each other.
- Direct question: What time will our flight leave?
- Indirect question: Please find out what time our flight leaves.
- Direct question: Have you finish the article?
- Indirect question: Can you tell me if you have finished the article?
Compare with a direct question.