Write the numbers 0 – 10 as words.
There are four dogs sleeping on the table.
• I ate 3 eggs for breakfast. WRONG
• I ate three eggs for breakfast. CORRECT
Never start a sentence with digits.
• 21,500 live in Higher Campbell Town. WRONG
• Higher Campbell Town has a population of 21,550. CORRECT
If you are writing a technical document use digits.
• There is a problem in line 6 of the code.
Remember: Numbers 0 – 10 use words.
In this picture you can see one man, two houses, and 252 chairs.
Remember: Numbers 0 -10 use words.
There are eight people on stage. Each person has two legs. So, there are 16 legs moving to create an optical illusion.
Numbers as words or digits?
Do this video lesson if you need more help. (2:00)
Numbers as adjectives
When a number is an adjective there is no -s. (7:00)
Vocabulary Video Lesson: Film Genres
This vocabulary lesson will help you define genre, science fiction, horror, comedy, love story, thriller, western and musical. (8:00)