Write the numbers 0 – 10 as words.
There are four dogs sleeping on the table.
• I ate 3 eggs for breakfast. WRONG
• I ate three eggs for breakfast. CORRECT
Never start a sentence with digits.
• 21,500 live in Higher Campbell Town. WRONG
• Higher Campbell Town has a population of 21,550. CORRECT
If you are writing a technical document use digits.
• There is a problem in line 6 of the code.
Remember: Numbers 0 – 10 use words.
In this picture you can see one man, two houses, and 252 chairs.
Numbers as words or digits?
Do this video lesson if you need more help. (2:00)
Numbers as adjectives
When a number is an adjective there is no -s. (7:00)
Vocabulary Video Lesson: Film Genres
This vocabulary lesson will help you define genre, science fiction, horror, comedy, love story, thriller, western and musical. (8:00)