Read the text carefully. Then copy and paste any evidence from the text onto the whiteboard that shows chat-up lines really work. Don’t read the list at the bottom of the page yet.
Women Like Cheesy Chat-up Lines
Women like cheesy chat-up lines, because it shows a man has a sense of humour, according to new research.
Researchers have found that six out of 10 ladies are more likely to fall for a man if he breaks the ice with a light-hearted one-liner.
It also emerged that two fifths of women are still dating or are married to the man who first approached them with a funny quip.
But not every line works, with some even getting a negative reaction.
Lines such as ‘Do you believe in love at first sight,’ or ‘Should I walk by again?,’ and ‘Apart from being beautiful, what do you do for a living?’ worked most of the time.
But ‘Do you have a map? Because I keep getting lost in your eyes,’ and ‘Is there a rainbow, because you’re the treasure I’ve been searching for,’ were likely to end up in failure because they were ‘too over the top’.
It also emerged that seven out of 10 women like being chatted up while out with friends as it gives their confidence a boost – as long as the potential suitor is good looking.
Researchers also found that 59 per cent of women secretly like it when a man uses a funny chat-up line, and three quarters said they would be receptive if the line was delivered with a smile.
Six out of 10 said cheesy chat-up lines showed a man had a sense of humour and described that as vital in a potential partner.
Two thirds said they liked men to use them because it showed confidence – a recognised aphrodisiac.
And 68 per cent of the 2,000 women polled said they had been on a date with a man after he approached them with a chat-up line.
It also emerged the cheesy chat-up line is predominantly a male obsession with 72 per cent of men admitting they used them compared to just 19 per cent of women.
And three out of four men said funny one-liners had helped them get the girl.
Even today chat-up lines remain an important part of the dating ritual. With a single line you can either start a beautiful relationship or end up red-faced with embarrassment.
Dating gurus will tell you ‘It ain’t what you say, it’s the way that you say it,’ and one of these chat-up lines delivered with great technique will significantly increase your pulling power.
- I think there is something wrong with my phone. Could you try calling it for me to see if it rings?
- Can I borrow your phone please? (Why?) I need to phone God and tell him I have found his missing angel.
- Do you have a map? Because I keep getting lost in your eyes.
- Were you arrested earlier? It’s got to be illegal to look that good?
- I guess you can kiss Heaven goodbye. Because it has got to be a sin to look that good.
- I’ll cook your dinner if you cook me breakfast.
- You must be tired? Because you have been running through my mind all day.
- There is something wrong with my phone. It doesn’t have your number in it.
- Nice dress! Can I talk you out of it?
- Do you have any raisins? How about a date then?
- Are you a parking ticket because you got fine written all over you?
- I lost my phone number; can I borrow yours?
- You must be a hell of a thief because you stole my heart from across the room.
- Your eyes are blue, like the ocean and I’m lost at sea.
- You know what they say about beauty… it protects against all evil. Well, with you I feel really safe!
- Have you got a plaster? Because I hurt my knee falling for you.
- Are you accepting applications for your fan club?
- If you’re going to regret this in the morning, we can sleep until noon.